Saturday, August 30, 2014

What's in my bag - lippie edition!

In the world of makeup, I never think of myself as a lip product junkie.   However, every time I clean out my purse it's always a black hole for lippies. 

So, the other day, my husband and I were heading to a family event and I decided to clean out my purse.  I couldn't believe the amount of lip products I found in my purse. 

When I saw this of course my first thought...  let me get on the MAC Cosmetics website and add a larger makeup bag to my already overflowing cart.  My favorite makeup bag from them is the softsac - the soft material really allows you to overstuff and still be able to zip it up.  My favorite part about it however is, you can throw it in the washing machine when it begins to get dirty. 

Anyways... back to the problem at hand...

Here's what I found in my purse and my thoughts on these items. 

I know, I know... a little ridiculous for one person. 


We'll start with the lipsticks!  Yes, I might have a little MAC Lippie problem. 
From L to R -
Syrup(Lustre) - This is my must have lipstick for my purse.  I can throw this on with anything and it works!  It is a light more sheer pink! 
Viva Glam V (Lustre)  -  Again, this is a great neutral pink that can be worn with anything!
Flamingo (Lustre) - This is more of a coral pink.  Great color for when you want a pop of color but not to much!
Myself (Lustre) (LE) - This color is a great pink nude for paler skin tones.  It is however a limited edition color.  Blankety is very similar, with a different finish.
Lovelorn (Lustre) - This color is a beautiful baby pink.  One of my must have colors! 
Plink (Lustre) - Extremely light more frosted pink.  This must be in my purse from a day that I wore little to no makeup.
And Finally....
Dreamdaze (Mineralize) - This is a nice coral pink color.  Mineralize Lipsticks are great because they are very moisturizing!

As you can see....  I love the lustre finish! 


Next we have moisturizers...
From L to R -
Bite Beauty Lip Primer - This is a great moisturizer and primer for the lips.  This one stays in my purse.
MAC Lip Conditioner - One of my all time favorites.  I have multiples of these. 
Bite Agave Lip Mask - This is a great overnight lip mask.
Chapstick - This is just your classic chapstick.  Everyone needs one!


Moving on ...
From Back to Front...
MAC Cremesheen Glass Deelight -  Must have item, great neutral pink color, can layer it on top of lipstick or wear by itself.
Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien - I received this in one of my Sephora perk points - A good neutral pink, can wear with anything color.
Bite Beauty Double Sided Lipstick - One Side Lychee - Light pink color One Side Musk - Light brown color - I love the colors - but something about these lipsticks bother me.  They are great, but something about the formula isn't for me.

And Finally ... LipLiners
From Front to Back ...
MAC ProLongwear - In Anticipation - Great pink color - Pro Longwear lip liners are the best!  This color can be worn with so many light to medium pinks.
Too Faced Perfect Nude - I keep this in my purse.  I pair this with Syrup.
MAC Hip and Happy - This is a must for the colors I like - Perfect light pink color.
MAC Cranberry (LE) - I love this color (I bought 3 when it launched) I like to wear this by itself with MAC Lip Conditioner over it. 
Urban Decay Obsessed - A brighter light pink.  These liners are so creamy and have a good hold.

And that is all....
As you can see I like low maintenance colors that don't require a lot of work or touch up.

Until next time,
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment